Monday, June 11, 2012

Walmart: Warning...Coupon Problem

I used to be a faithful Walmart shopper prior to learning about the "art of couponing" from my mentor Mary Ann. 

I rarely visit Walmart anymore and when I do I swear I will never go back because something ticks me off every time I go there.  Well.....I am swearing off Walmart forever once again.  The reason for my visit this time around was for the protein bars I eat every day.  They are expensive as are all protein bars and Walmart's price is at least $1.50 cheaper per box than any other store.  I printed the coupon below which happens to have a Walmart logo on it and says on it clearly "redeemable at Walmart".


Well, the coupon would not scan.  I had 3 printed in color and 3 in black and white.  Their policy is if the coupon won't scan, they will not take it.  I was a little ticked off and made a little bit of a stink about the fact that they were promoting the coupon with their logo no less and they won't take it.  Needless to say, I held up the express line up for quite some time waiting for a manager.  The final decision was that they would take the 3 coupons printed in color (this time!) but not the ones printed in black and white because they could have been photocopied.  The manager said they won't get reimbursed for coupons printed in black and white which I responded to him was a load of b.s.

No comments:

Post a Comment