Friday, November 11, 2011

Replenishing My Cereal Stockpile

I took advantage of ShopRite's cereal/milk deal this week to replenish my stockpile.  Now, I normally would not spend per box what I spent but I justified it in my head with the "free gallon of milk" coupon.

The cereal was on sale for $2.49 a box.  Purchase 3 and get a coupon for a free gallon of milk (up to $4.50 value).

I had $.60 off 1 box coupons for all the boxes I purchased so that brought each box down to $1.29 per box (ouch, that is too much money - right?).  As you see from the picture, I purchased 12 boxes of cereal.  I did this in 4 separate transactions so I could take full advantage of the deal.  By doing 4 transactions, I earned 4 "free gallon of milk" coupons.  If a gallon of milk is $3.60 or so (which I think may be about what it is at ShopRite), deduct $1.20 off each cereal for that value and you now have only paid $.09 a box actually.  If you get lucky, you may get a cashier that just takes the full $4.50 off  for the milk and you now have a moneymaker.

You still have today and tomorrow to do this deal.  I found the links to my coupons on the LRWC website under her ShopRite matchups for this week.  Click here to find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment