Friday, December 10, 2010

Moneymaker / Free Tissue Paper At Walgreen's (ends Saturday)

Sorry this post is so late in the week but I just happened to come across another blog post with this information today and I wanted to actually do the deal myself to verify that it was a true deal.

The Walgreen's flyer has a coupon for 3/$1 for tissue paper, bows etc with a limit of 6.  Purchase 6 of the Hallmark tissue papers, pay $2 and get a $5 register reward at checkout.

Now, there is another deal going on with the wrapping paper.  You can click here for a coupon for .50 cents off Hallmark wrapping paper at Walgreen's.  Okay, the supposed deal is that the Hallmark wrapping paper is BOGO free and it is $1.99 a roll.  You are supposed to also receive a $2 register reward.  The blog post said to print 2 of the .50 coupons and use them (they do say 1 per customer so you may get a cashier that won't let you use 2).  The only Hallmark paper I found was "Color Studio a division of Hallmark".  Well...the coupon would not scan, the cashier said it was because it was not "Hallmark" paper per say.  I of course disagreed and a manager was brought into the conversation.  The manager had her just ring up the 2 rolls of paper for a total of .99 for both rolls which I thought was fine.  But....I realized when I got home that because the paper was rung up like that, I did not receive my $2 register reward! 

Oh well,  I walked out of Walgreen's tonight with 6 packages of tissue paper and 2 rolls of wrapping paper for $3.23 and a coupon (register reward) for $5 off my next visit so I actually made money on the deal even without the extra $2 register reward.

No comments:

Post a Comment