Saturday, December 31, 2011

Resolve To Save More

I made the New Year's Resolution to SAVE MORE MONEY 2 years ago when I started full speed ahead with couponing.  I have to say, it has been 2 years now and I have been blogging about it for just over a year and my pocket sure feels better.  I don't find myself strapped for cash when big items come up like the purchase of a new couch, vacation or the down payment on my daughter's braces.

You can do it too.  You can jump right in with both feet or you can start off slow and pick one store to start in.  I personally recommend Shoprite for a grocery store and I think anyone I have recommended this to and has done it can agree.  For "drug stores" for lack of a better term, I have always found Rite-Aid to be an awesome place between their +UPR Rewards, Video Value coupons, sale prices, in-ad coupons and Single Check Rebates program you can usually do very good there for stockpiling.

One thing I have found over the course of the past 2 years is that "couponing" has become more widespread with people spreading it by word of mouth as well as on-line blogging and the show on TLC "Extreme Couponing".  I don't know how it is in any other State/County but I know that in Dutchess County NY, the stores don't seem to stock enough of the deals for you to take full advantage of stockpiling as much as they did 2 years ago.  I find that I have to visit the store multiple times during the week or visit more than one of their stores to be able to take advantage of their weekly deals.  This gets me a little bummed.  I also don't like the "limit of 4 like coupons per person per day" at ShopRite even if it is a coupon that is not doubling.

Thank you for following me on this blog and I hope to bring you more great deals in the new year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment