Saturday, February 12, 2011

CVS New Coupon Policy?

We all go through this from time to time.  We do our business as usual and suddenly we are confronted by a cashier with a "new coupon policy" when you get to the register.

I visited my local CVS today and was told by the cashier that the new CVS policy on printable coupons is that you can only use 1 printable coupon per product.  To clarify what I mean, for instance, if I was purchasing 2 Dove Body Washes, I am not allowed to use 2 internet printed coupons.  Her explanation was because people were coming in with 10 of the same coupons printed from the internet. I explained that each coupon has it's own unique serial# and as long as they were all different, they were legitimate and should be acceptable.  Coupons printed from the internet allow 2 prints per computer so if someone has access to 5 computers, they can indeed print 10 of the same coupon but they would be valid and legitimate coupons with 10 different serial numbers.

CVS does not post their coupon policy on the internet but you can contact their customer care department for clarification on situations like this and that is just what I have done.  I will let you know their response when I receive it.

No comments:

Post a Comment